It's not really mac and cheese as we know it, but that is the result of experimenting in the kitchen one night many years ago. I hadn't had this soup for the longest time, so when I was at the grocery store the other week, I decided to get some ingredients for it.
It is so freaking good, that even if I know just how many calories are in one serving, I don't really care! I will pay for this later on, and will probably be asking, " does nutrisystem really work?" in an effort to lose all the pounds that I have gained in the past few weeks.
Anyhow, here's how I made this.
- 250 g of macaroni
- 1/4 k of ground beef (or pork or chicken)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium clove of garlic
- salt, pepper
- lotsa cheese
- asparagus (opt)
- baby carrots (opt)
- cayenne pepper (opt)
- Brown the ground meat, then saute the chopped onion and garlic.
- Boil the macaroni according to the package instructions.
- When the macaroni is cooked, throw in the meat/onion/garlic mixture.
- Add the milk (about a cup, more if you want).
- Add the cheese, vegetables, and seasoning.
This serves four people.