For some reason, I am on what I call "housewife mode" this week. I started the week out running all over the place to get errands done. Then I spent a couple of therapeutic hours at the supermarket. Is it just me or is grocery shopping one of the most relaxing things you can do?
As soon as I got home, I knew I had to make one of my favorite dishes - tofu and oyster mushrooms. They're both healthy ingredients. You can eat as much you want and not worry about having to wear corsets so that you'll look decent. ;)
Here's what I did.
2 small blocks of firm tofu
1 pack of oyster mushrooms
1 red onion - small
1 clove garlic - small
salt and pepper
How to make it
- Cut the tofu into bite-size cubes.
- Fry the tofu in canola oil. Make sure you turn them over to ensure all sides are crisp. This will take about 4 minutes per side - medium heat.
- While frying the tofu, chop up the onion and garlic.
- When the tofu is done, place the cubes on a paper towel to get rid of the oil.
- Saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cover.
- Let this sit for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.