- ...you don't think twice about swallowing an inch-long thing as thick as your pinky. Yup, a week after surgery, I got an infection and now, I have to take some other antibiotics. This brings me to my second point...
- ...you walk in the rain just to get those magic pills which will make the hurt go away. Walking in the rain is fun - if you're out in the countryside. Try walking in the city at dusk: dodging friggin' cars that won't stop even when you're crossing via the pedestrian lane; avoiding stepping on icky puddles; wishing you brought your umbrella; trying not to slip and make an ass of yourself...the list goes on and on.
- ...you know exactly what's wrong with you; you send your doctor a text message, and she says just buy these pills, and you'll be fine. The upside: it saves you on consultation fees!
- ...your friends ask you what pill to take for what ailment. That's not exactly self-medication, is it?
- ...the pharmacist knows you by name. Well, I'm not exactly there yet, but they all smile at me like they know what I need before I even say it.
Photo via Dadadreams