Thursday, January 15, 2009

What My Husband Thinks of Me as Jackie

The results of the Jackie O quiz has got me thinking...I have found myself looking at it over and over again, perhaps in an effort to understand myself better. I thought that it would be good if Jerry read it as well. You know, maybe he would know how to "handle" me in a more effective manner. That's why when he sent me messages over MSN earlier, I was excited. As our conversation went on, though, I found myself torn - torn over whether to be happy, frustrated, or mad. Here are snippets of what he had to say. Words in italics are his thoughts.

WeaselBear says:
Take your share of the responsibility so I don't end up with all the work. I am trying to get a new job so all the work won't be on you

WeaselBear says:
Acknowledge my achievements. I do and you think I am making fun of you .

WeaselBear says:
I'm hard on myself. Reassure me that I'm fine the way I am. see the answer to the 2nd question

WeaselBear says:
Tell me that you value my advice. I do sometimes but we are to different to see it.

WeaselBear says:
Be fair and considerate, as I am. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ok (this is me: ok I don't know why he laughed. Does that mean he does not think I am fair and considerate???)

WeaselBear says:
Apologize if you have been unthoughtful. It will help me to forgive. Sometimes I don't think it is you just take it the wrong way (I guess he meant he doesn't think he has been unthoughtful? Blah!)

WeaselBear says:
Gently encourage me to lighten up and to laugh at myself when I get uptight, but hear my worries first. go two up and see the answer the only way to do that is if you really want too

WeaselBear says:
Having high standards and ethics; not compromising myself. too uncompromising most of the time

WeaselBear says:
Being reasonable, responsible, and dedicated in everything I do. Very true but that the way it is here and reasonable again only when you want to

WeaselBear says:
Being able to put facts together, coming to good understandings, and figuring out wise solutions.
true

WeaselBear says:
Being disappointed with myself or others when my expectations are not met . Your expectations not the other people around you. (meaning we have different expectations...)

WeaselBear says:
Feeling burdened by too much responsibility. too much that you take on your self and then sometimes can't handle.

WeaselBear says:
Thinking that what I do is never good enough. thinking what your hubby dose is never good enough

WeaselBear says:
Not being appreciated for what I do for people. you are you just expect more. ( or maybe, I don't see the appreciation?)

WeaselBear says:
Being upset because others aren't trying as hard as I am. Thats the whole thing they are other people not you

WeaselBear says:
Being tense, anxious, and taking things too seriously. All the time

LOL - we really do have very different perspectives, don't we?

7 comments:

1. "we really do have very different perspectives, don't we? "

That can keep things INTERESTING for ya'll!

ReplyDelete
  2. this is funny. I am not sure if you meant it to be but I was tickled pink!

ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted it to be funny but someone took it to heart. Someone can't take criticism very well but can dish it out. Even if its all in fun.

ReplyDelete
  4. Meleah - yup, one thing I can say, it is never boring!

Vicki - happy to be of service ;)

Jer - hmm, I take it you're picking on me again. Right?

Ren - you always think these things are funny!

ReplyDelete
  5. This is why they should ban these type of things like quizzes in women magazines "are you and your mate compatible?" they just cause fights or misunderstandings. If Jerry and you have been together for years then you are doing fine. I think Jerry was just giving you a hard time on his answers.

ReplyDelete